Saturday, September 6, 2008

Brendt's Birthday

It was Brendt's birthday on the 4th, so his family came to town to celebrate with us! His birthday was actually on Thursday, but we planned the bbq for Friday. Now, I saved Brendt's present for the bbq and I think he assumed that since I didn't give him anything on Thursday that I just didn't get him anything (that and the fact that I told him if he ordered that vibrating football game off of ebay that I wasn't getting him a present and he ordered it anyhow).


I meant to get Brendt a birthday card on Friday over my lunch break....and I FoRgOT!! Sooo, I got to make a homemade card instead. I would have never guessed that fortune cookies were so hard to draw--they must be one of like 3 things on the planet that are easier to construct in 3D replicas than with pencil and paper. So that is what I did.



Ok, now on to the presents.
This was a picture that we saw on an art crawl we attended a month or two back. It's title? Smile. Cute, eh? Brendt took to it right away and dropped a few hints that we should buy it, but I feigned disinterest. Heh heh--I must get my sneakiness from my dear mother.


Hahn family tradition mandates that gifts must be presented to their recipients out from under their pillow. Must be a German thing. Anyhow, that's where I stashed his picture moments before the bbq.


The crazy thing about this is that Brendt ordered it for himself a few weeks ago and it was conveniently delivered on his birthday....maybe I should take it as a sign that the vibrating football game was fated to belong to my husband...?


And last, but not least, Brendt got a new grill! Isn't it pretty? Here we can see the grill master is testing it out with our birthday feast of steak and corn.

D is in training to be a grill master himself someday. He sure does like corn.


Is it possible to like corn toO much?
Nah.


Even Gwynn stopped by with the gators to wish Brendt a happy birthday!


He really likes it!


Don't bother to count the candles. We didn't have enough.


Teenage Mutant Ninja Rufus

No comments: