Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Since I had to work on Black Friday this year, Brendt and I couldn't travel to spend Thanksgiving with either of our families. When I mentioned this to my brothers, they immediately decided to spend the holiday with us in Bellevue! Shortly after we received that wonderful news, Brendt told me his parents were also changing their plans to head our way! Needless to say, we were pretty stoked to host a blended family Christmas! In preparation for this honor, we busted out our Christmas decorations to help set the mood for everyone's arrival.

We don't have a fireplace, so we hung our stockings from the floating shelves with care.

We transformed our armoire into a Santa shrine.

The final touch.

Ryn made these Christmas socks after seeing similar ones in a store. They turned out just darling. Times like these I wish I had any sort of crafting talent. She let us have our pick, and altho it was close we chose the sock on the...well, we'll let Ryn showcase it:

Ta-dah!

I wouldn't pet that if I were Heathyr....you never know if you are petting Baxter, the biggest sweetheart the world has ever seen, or his less hospitable brother, Snarles.

Kurt was a big fan of our tin race track. He wound it up and watched the cars race around the speedway several times. We couldn't bare to tell him that it would be a tie every time....

Here is Gwynn in her adorable party dress, sewn by Gramma Dworak.

Brendt and Ryn are preparing the turkey. Looks more like they are doing the jitterbug...

Meanwhile, we are making our own turkeys!

Can you spot the mutants? They really need to stop giving hormones to the livestock....

This turkey is not going willingly onto the dining room table.

Affectionate grandpa by day.

Stoic rock star by night.

Oh, I almost forgot! Here is the finished curtain. As you can see, I really need to press it--my iron doesn't get any of the wrinkles out, it just heats the fabric up. =(

1 comment:

Amy M said...

Love the description of your Thanksgiving. It sounds more fun than ours... we all had the stomach bug monster. Yuck! Ryn MADE those stockings???!!? SOOOO cute!