Monday, February 23, 2009

Progress in the Basement

We thought we'd just give a quick update on our progress in the basement. Things are moving along pretty well down there and we are about half done with the drywall, which means before you know it we will be taping, mudding, and sanding!


Before we could get to work on the faux-brick wall, we had to demolish the massive entertainment stand the old owners had left behind. Here I am trying unsuccessfully to take it down with a rubber mallet.

Brendt finally takes a break from laughing at me to help get the demolition started.

Here I am planning my attack....

And here is my husband mocking my attack.
Get a load of the ugly cardboard brick wall.

Presto change-o!
And here is where we currently stand. Man, that insulation looks fab!


Ok, quick topic change. We got a chest as one of our wedding gifts from Bob and Ryn, but it had to be partially assembled, sanded and stained. We think we put up pictures of the chest being assembled already, so here Brendt is in the staining phase.

And here is the finished product! We are currently using it as our upstairs coffee table. Brendt did a fantastic job and the chest turned out great! We love it!

And here is a mangy yeti we found in a snow drift in the backyard! He actually had a snow beard when we let him in but by the time I could get a picture it had melted. =(

No comments: