Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Baby Has Arrived!

Well...Brendt's baby at least. Here are some of the latest pics of progress in the basement, aka Brendt's nursery. One of the last projects we finished was the "cradle" for his "baby."


This was an old piece of furniture that Brendt's mom gave to us. I believe they had it in storage for quite awhile and had come thiiiiiiis close to throwing it out a few times. We immediately saw stellar potential as a tv stand. Unfortunately, we didn't get a shot of it before we started working on it, but we had to kick off a back piece that was tacked on and scrape wads of I-don't-even-want-to-knows off the top of this stand before we could even start sanding and peeling the paint off.

A close-up to see some of what we had to deal with, but like I mentioned we had already scraped the unidentifiable globs off of it.

The finished product!

Even nice enough to hold Brendt's new bundle of joy!

This is pretty much the state of our walls right now. You can see that we have taped, sanded, primed and painted. We have the baseboards up but are still working on getting the border on top.

This was my latest sewing project. Ryn helped me make a cute little spring timey purse. I wish I had more pictures of it since I look so anti-glamorous here, but I'm too lazy to go take another picture. =)

I promise to have more pictures of the basement soon. We are working on moving the office into the basement right now and we are both pretty excited about how the new space is turning out. Hoping to have it finished by this coming weekend!!

No comments: